Thursday, October 28, 2004
Employment
Whoo Hoo. Know that job I applied for and interviewed for sometime last Tuesday? Well they called me back today to ask if I'd like to join them.
Brain said "Think about it." Mouth said "Sure!". Verbal diarrhoea. What can I say? In my defence, I was asleep when the phone woke me at fucking 10:30am in the morning. Not thinking straight yet.
So now I'm officially the PR Co-ordinator of the Women's Center. Earning a grand total of $125 a month. Heh. Slave labor again right? Well it's a start.
They sure took their own bloody sweet time about things though. In fact, I was really surprised to hear from them because I thought for sure that since I hadn't heard a thing from them for more than a week, they'd probably hired someone else and just decided not to bother informing the rest of the candidates. I mean hey, they took almost two weeks!! Says something about their current efficiency standards?
Whatever. I got the job. It works out. Now let's see if I can deal with the job, lacrosse and school together.
Brain said "Think about it." Mouth said "Sure!". Verbal diarrhoea. What can I say? In my defence, I was asleep when the phone woke me at fucking 10:30am in the morning. Not thinking straight yet.
So now I'm officially the PR Co-ordinator of the Women's Center. Earning a grand total of $125 a month. Heh. Slave labor again right? Well it's a start.
They sure took their own bloody sweet time about things though. In fact, I was really surprised to hear from them because I thought for sure that since I hadn't heard a thing from them for more than a week, they'd probably hired someone else and just decided not to bother informing the rest of the candidates. I mean hey, they took almost two weeks!! Says something about their current efficiency standards?
Whatever. I got the job. It works out. Now let's see if I can deal with the job, lacrosse and school together.
Comments:
Post a Comment