<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 08, 2004

Auditions 

I auditioned for the job of sports reporter on Duck U today. That, btw is the campus TV station. All things considered, I think I did pretty well for a newbie. The task was to write a script for yourself based on the question the producers had assigned, and read it aloud on camera. I'll post the task and the script I wrote farther down on this post.

Anyway, I got to the studio at 8pm sharp. I walk into the waiting area and there is like this obnoxious bunch of girls wearing business suits who sit there yapping to each other about how fucking awesome their resumes are. There I am trying to concentrate and write my damn script, and these idiots simply cannot shut up! They go on and on about how many stupid internships they've had, how many people in the industry they know and blah blah blah for like an hour and a half!!! Geez!

This is why I hate journalism students. They all have sticks stuck up their asses. Snotty, pretentious little creeps. The only thing they can think about is how many more internships they've had than YOU have. And how many bigwigs in the industry they know. And how many pages their damn resume is. Give it a rest you morons!

Ok, getting back on topic. So when my turn came, I went in, came up in front of a panel of the seven producers and read. It's like I was nervous. But at ease at the same time. I was myself you know. And I loved doing it. I got such a rush out of reading what I had written as if it were a real story.

I think I read a little too fast really. Because I tend to do that. But nonetheless I've got a good feeling about my audition. As I was leaving the room, I heard one of the producers tell another one, "That was good." As in I was good. So yeah, we'll see what happens.

And now, my audition transcript. If you care to read it. If not, just stop right here and go post some comments.
Question: Give a brief recap of a "nail-biting" Oregon game. Tell what happened, who the stars were, and add a crazy twist to the game (like a fan ran out from the crowd, stood in the middle of the field... doing jumping jacks. Random, but make it interesting).

Ok, my final script:
History was made today as the varsity women's lacrosse team opened their inaugural season with a 5-4 victory over the University of Washington Huskies.

The Ducks dominated at the beginning, putting in 4 unanswered goals. But U-Dub managed to tie it up at 4-all before halftime.

The impromptu halftime show proved to be the highlight of the game when 12 bare-chested guys ran onfield wearing Duck cheerleading skirts, and performed a hilarious version of the "Spirit Fingers" cheer from the hit movie "Bring it On."

According to head cheerleader Brian Dawkins, the Male Spirit Squad is made up of the boyfriends of many of the girls on the lacrosse team, and they plan to repeat their performance at every home lacrosse game this season.

After the half, Ducks goalie Louisa Dorsch put in a spectacular performance to hold the score even until the last 10 seconds of the game when senior stand-out Emma Thorborg scored an incredible goal from the midfield to secure the victory for Oregon.


I made them laugh with the whole Spirit Fingers thing.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com