Friday, October 15, 2004
All Banged Up
Well the weekend's here. Finafuckinly! Too bad I'm looking somewhat the worse for wear.
I tweaked something in my left foot at practice last night, but I think think it was anything serious. Till I woke up this morning to find it sore and painful to put weight on. That meant a trip to the sports therapist.
So I saw the therapist at the Rec center, and he told me that it's probably a bad sprain of the ligaments connecting the second metatarsal. But he also said that to err on the side of caution, I should head over to the Health Center to get the doctor to look at it and maybe take an x-ray just to be safe.
He also advised me to get crutches to keep the weight off the foot for about four days. Crutches!!! I don't wanna hobble around on crutches! It'd be hella challenging to clamber up the two flights of stairs to get up to my apartment!
Off I went to the Health Center. I get x-rayed and the doctor says that there seems to be no stress fracture but that that's not a 100% diagnosis because stress fractures normally show up later. So I'm supposed to just observe it, juke up on Ibuprofen, ice it and stay off the foot for the weekend. If it doesn't get better in a week, we'll re-examine it. The good news is that he thinks I'll be able to practice next week.
Besides the foot, my throat's also bothering me right now. It's sore andI might be getting the symptoms of a cold. Dammit. For all I know I caught the stupid cold from some idiot at the Health Center today!!! Ugh! So frustrating!!! So now I'm drowning myself with water hoping that it'll go away!!!!!
I tweaked something in my left foot at practice last night, but I think think it was anything serious. Till I woke up this morning to find it sore and painful to put weight on. That meant a trip to the sports therapist.
So I saw the therapist at the Rec center, and he told me that it's probably a bad sprain of the ligaments connecting the second metatarsal. But he also said that to err on the side of caution, I should head over to the Health Center to get the doctor to look at it and maybe take an x-ray just to be safe.
He also advised me to get crutches to keep the weight off the foot for about four days. Crutches!!! I don't wanna hobble around on crutches! It'd be hella challenging to clamber up the two flights of stairs to get up to my apartment!
Off I went to the Health Center. I get x-rayed and the doctor says that there seems to be no stress fracture but that that's not a 100% diagnosis because stress fractures normally show up later. So I'm supposed to just observe it, juke up on Ibuprofen, ice it and stay off the foot for the weekend. If it doesn't get better in a week, we'll re-examine it. The good news is that he thinks I'll be able to practice next week.
Besides the foot, my throat's also bothering me right now. It's sore andI might be getting the symptoms of a cold. Dammit. For all I know I caught the stupid cold from some idiot at the Health Center today!!! Ugh! So frustrating!!! So now I'm drowning myself with water hoping that it'll go away!!!!!
Comments:
Post a Comment