<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Transcending Gender Lines 

Haha. Guess what y'all. My Geology professor is-- get this!!!-- a transvestite. Ten minutes into class today, she told us that as of one month ago, "he" officially became a "she". As in she got the whole sex-change operation and everything! The entire class started clapping, and Professor Miller was like, "Wow. I didn't expect such a nice response."

What's weird is thaat while my first impression of Miller had been that she had a rather deep voice and almost angular features for a woman, I never would have thought that 'she' had been a 'he' if she hadn't told us so. Its crazy! We were pretty stunned to say the least. After she made her big announcement, the whole class sat in stunned silence for a while. You could have heard a pin drop. And the guy next to me scribbled "what gender?" above Miller's name on the syllabus she had given out.

Still, gender issues aside, the class sounds like its gonna be pretty fun. There are three field trips throughout the term. One's this weekend, to the Oregon Coast. Which I won't be going for. I've got too much shit to do. The other one is about three weeks from now, and will take us up to Crater Lake. The last field trip is scheduled sometime towards the end of the term. It's to Redwoods. Which is in California! It'll be a two day overnight field trip. Man, this is gonna be so much fun!! I'm stoked!

As an added bonus, Kate and Kara are takin that class with me. Now won't we have fun?

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com