Friday, September 24, 2004
A Room of One's Own
Its been 19 long years. And I finally have a room of my own. Right now, it doesn't look like much. I'll have pictures posted as soon as I clean up and get everything unpacked. But until then you'll just have to take my word for it when I say that it looks like a tornado disaster zone.
Aside from the corner where my bed lies shoved up against the wall, you cannot see any spare floor space. Its all covered by clothes, books, boxes, boxes, and oh, did I mention boxes?
Still it's having the room that counts. For the first time, I have some place where I can just retire to and chill on my own without having to worry about anyone busting in on me when I'm not in a talkative mood. This is MY space, and I'm lapping it up the way a drunk might imbibe alcohol.
Went maniacal with the unpacking today. And even though I've managed to get most of my coats and pants hung up in the closet, I look around me and realize that that still leaves much to be desired.
A couple of observations to be made based on 48hours worth of first impressions. With Sarah the Slut gone (and I say that affectionately. It's a running joke that she's the slut and I'm the house whore. haha.) to Seattle till Saturday, my other two roommates aren't exactly the most exciting people in the world to be living with.
Nikki's boring, plain and simple. She's not spunky enough for me, and while she's super-nice, we really can't hang. Rach is another matter all together. I love Rach to death, but honestly, the girl reminds me way too much of my own mother with her cleaning-obsession and Monica Gellar tendencies. God help me.
As for Reese. Well I'm simply thrilled to bits that she's back in town, but I haven't even been able to really sit down and talk to her. The attention-sucking boyfriend Dan calls. He's like freakishly possessive and the two spend every damn waking moment together. So much for that.
And that is why I ended up going over to Kate's in the evening, even though she lives in the middle of fuckin nowhere @ Chase Village. That's like a whole BUS ride away from the main campus area. It's just up the street from where Katie lived last year. Basically I just hung out with Kate and Kara-- her roommate-- and ordered pizze for dinner while watching Survivor.
Let's see what tomorrow will bring.
Aside from the corner where my bed lies shoved up against the wall, you cannot see any spare floor space. Its all covered by clothes, books, boxes, boxes, and oh, did I mention boxes?
Still it's having the room that counts. For the first time, I have some place where I can just retire to and chill on my own without having to worry about anyone busting in on me when I'm not in a talkative mood. This is MY space, and I'm lapping it up the way a drunk might imbibe alcohol.
Went maniacal with the unpacking today. And even though I've managed to get most of my coats and pants hung up in the closet, I look around me and realize that that still leaves much to be desired.
A couple of observations to be made based on 48hours worth of first impressions. With Sarah the Slut gone (and I say that affectionately. It's a running joke that she's the slut and I'm the house whore. haha.) to Seattle till Saturday, my other two roommates aren't exactly the most exciting people in the world to be living with.
Nikki's boring, plain and simple. She's not spunky enough for me, and while she's super-nice, we really can't hang. Rach is another matter all together. I love Rach to death, but honestly, the girl reminds me way too much of my own mother with her cleaning-obsession and Monica Gellar tendencies. God help me.
As for Reese. Well I'm simply thrilled to bits that she's back in town, but I haven't even been able to really sit down and talk to her. The attention-sucking boyfriend Dan calls. He's like freakishly possessive and the two spend every damn waking moment together. So much for that.
And that is why I ended up going over to Kate's in the evening, even though she lives in the middle of fuckin nowhere @ Chase Village. That's like a whole BUS ride away from the main campus area. It's just up the street from where Katie lived last year. Basically I just hung out with Kate and Kara-- her roommate-- and ordered pizze for dinner while watching Survivor.
Let's see what tomorrow will bring.
Comments:
Post a Comment