Friday, June 04, 2004
Painful Error
Ok. So I was riding my bike back from the library at 3:30am. The wind was blowing in my face and I was goin relatively fast. The wind made me contacts feel as though they were gonna fall out. So since there was no one around and nothing in my way, I closed my eyes and rode like that. Big mistake.
Bam.
Suddenly I hit something. I manage to squeeze the brakes in time, so I don't get thrown off the friggin bike. But I open my eyes to see that the right half of handlebars clipped the edge of a stationary pickup parked by the side of the road. I'm just lucky I didn't collide with the thing head on. So I inspect myself for damage. My right pinkie's throbbing since it took most of the impact. I shake myself and ride on.
Back in the dorms, under the light I examine the injured pinkie to find that it's swelled. And the top is already looking blue-black kinda bruised. It's not broken or anything. I've determined that much. But it is swollen, throbbing and badly bruised. Stupid me. This is the last time I close my eyes when riding a damn bike.
By the way, today we had another fire drill because some idiot pulled the alarm again. And guess who was in the shower when the fuckin alarm went off? Guess who ended up walking out to stand by the road with everyone else dressed in nothing more than a fluffy peach colored terry cloth bathrobe. Funny? I suppose. Fun? No.
Bam.
Suddenly I hit something. I manage to squeeze the brakes in time, so I don't get thrown off the friggin bike. But I open my eyes to see that the right half of handlebars clipped the edge of a stationary pickup parked by the side of the road. I'm just lucky I didn't collide with the thing head on. So I inspect myself for damage. My right pinkie's throbbing since it took most of the impact. I shake myself and ride on.
Back in the dorms, under the light I examine the injured pinkie to find that it's swelled. And the top is already looking blue-black kinda bruised. It's not broken or anything. I've determined that much. But it is swollen, throbbing and badly bruised. Stupid me. This is the last time I close my eyes when riding a damn bike.
By the way, today we had another fire drill because some idiot pulled the alarm again. And guess who was in the shower when the fuckin alarm went off? Guess who ended up walking out to stand by the road with everyone else dressed in nothing more than a fluffy peach colored terry cloth bathrobe. Funny? I suppose. Fun? No.
Comments:
Post a Comment