Saturday, May 29, 2004
Space
I haven't blogged in a couple of days. Simply because I've got nothing to say. School's been, well, school. Nothing new happening. I've been working on my J204 Final Project like a maniac, trying to get it finish in time for me to hand it in on Thursday.
We're into our last week of classes. It's getting to the point where I'm just trying to hold on and last out the year. I don't mean that in the bad way. Classes actually aren't that hard to cope with. Academically, I'm having an easier time than I did in JC. But still I think the daily grind is wearing on me. I'm getting bored. Without lacrosse, I've got no regular activity to sustain me. Maybe it's gotta do with my period, and I'm in a funk of a PMS stage.
Whatever it is, it's eating at me. I need space. I'm becoming a bit more of a loner. Just happy to be on my own, reading, thinking, writing. Whatever. I love my life here, but I'm actually looking forward to taking a break from it. Going home for a bit. Regrouping. And coming back in September re-energized and ready to start anew.
When I think about it, this past year has come full circle. I started out alone. Now I'm back to that stage. Not exactly feeling alone, because I've got friends now. I don't feel alone. But yet I feel this growing need to find space where I can be alone. It's like I need that time to myself. To just be alone with my thoughts. Reflect is too serious a word, but it's the only one that comes to mind. Reflect on everything I've done this past year. Everyone that I've met. So much has happened. Experiences bad, and good. Reese. Rachel. Jackie. John. Katie. Kate. Matt. Zack. Katherine. Chels. Miriam. I've learnt so much about myself this past year in ways that I cannot begin to verbalize.
When you're living in a dorm, space comes at a premium price. That's why I'm just about ready to get out. As much as I love living with Jackie, and as much as I am NOT looking forward to my rooming situation next year, I need my space when I want it.
We're into our last week of classes. It's getting to the point where I'm just trying to hold on and last out the year. I don't mean that in the bad way. Classes actually aren't that hard to cope with. Academically, I'm having an easier time than I did in JC. But still I think the daily grind is wearing on me. I'm getting bored. Without lacrosse, I've got no regular activity to sustain me. Maybe it's gotta do with my period, and I'm in a funk of a PMS stage.
Whatever it is, it's eating at me. I need space. I'm becoming a bit more of a loner. Just happy to be on my own, reading, thinking, writing. Whatever. I love my life here, but I'm actually looking forward to taking a break from it. Going home for a bit. Regrouping. And coming back in September re-energized and ready to start anew.
When I think about it, this past year has come full circle. I started out alone. Now I'm back to that stage. Not exactly feeling alone, because I've got friends now. I don't feel alone. But yet I feel this growing need to find space where I can be alone. It's like I need that time to myself. To just be alone with my thoughts. Reflect is too serious a word, but it's the only one that comes to mind. Reflect on everything I've done this past year. Everyone that I've met. So much has happened. Experiences bad, and good. Reese. Rachel. Jackie. John. Katie. Kate. Matt. Zack. Katherine. Chels. Miriam. I've learnt so much about myself this past year in ways that I cannot begin to verbalize.
When you're living in a dorm, space comes at a premium price. That's why I'm just about ready to get out. As much as I love living with Jackie, and as much as I am NOT looking forward to my rooming situation next year, I need my space when I want it.
Comments:
Post a Comment