Thursday, May 20, 2004
Nerdification? Let's Hope Not!
You know you've got it made when work no longer feels like work. The end of the term is always supposed to be the shittiest part. You know how it is. The holidays are within reach, but first you've got to get over the final barrage of reading, papers and exams. Well for me, the worst is already over. I only have one final this term-- in history. Plus I've got two papers and a project due.
The thing that I realized today was that school has stopped feeling like school because as lame as it sounds, I'm actually enjoying my classes this term. Everything just seems like fun now. Take tonight for example. I spent a couple of hours in the journalism lab working on my final project. While that's not my favorite class in the world, I must say that I seem to have a knack for communications design. It comes easily, and everyone says the stuff I create looks good. Must be due to mom's artistic genes.
Then I headed to the library to catch up on some reading for history. We're studying my favorite period of history right now: WWI to the present. I sat there reading and just lapped everything up. It wasn't work at all. When the library closed at midnight, I half wished they would stay open just so I could finish the chapter I was on.
In English, we're reading Gate to Women's Country, this really cool sci-fi book that I would've read for fun anyway. So it's leisure reading for credit. And as for writing.. well, writing never felt like work to begin with. So yup, I'm set to close out this term with a bang. If all goes well, I'll have bagged four A's. Sounds good to me.
Today was just perfect. Perfect weather with the sun shining brightly but low humidity. Played tennis with Kate for a while. Then we lay on the lawn for an hour basking in the sun and just talking. Had pizza for dinner. Then played frisbee with Reese. All in all, a fun yet productive day.
The thing that I realized today was that school has stopped feeling like school because as lame as it sounds, I'm actually enjoying my classes this term. Everything just seems like fun now. Take tonight for example. I spent a couple of hours in the journalism lab working on my final project. While that's not my favorite class in the world, I must say that I seem to have a knack for communications design. It comes easily, and everyone says the stuff I create looks good. Must be due to mom's artistic genes.
Then I headed to the library to catch up on some reading for history. We're studying my favorite period of history right now: WWI to the present. I sat there reading and just lapped everything up. It wasn't work at all. When the library closed at midnight, I half wished they would stay open just so I could finish the chapter I was on.
In English, we're reading Gate to Women's Country, this really cool sci-fi book that I would've read for fun anyway. So it's leisure reading for credit. And as for writing.. well, writing never felt like work to begin with. So yup, I'm set to close out this term with a bang. If all goes well, I'll have bagged four A's. Sounds good to me.
Today was just perfect. Perfect weather with the sun shining brightly but low humidity. Played tennis with Kate for a while. Then we lay on the lawn for an hour basking in the sun and just talking. Had pizza for dinner. Then played frisbee with Reese. All in all, a fun yet productive day.
Comments:
Post a Comment