<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 23, 2004

Keg Stand and Cops!! 

Haha.. Last night was just hella entertaining. I ended up going to the lacrosse end-of-year party with Katie even though I was feeling kinda tired after the five hours of tennis that I'd played that afternoon. But more on that later.

Anyway. The Party. It was just awesome! All the girls were there, and Traci was selling cups for beer at 5 bucks for unlimited refills. Katie and I paid up and I started drinking. The beer they had was surprisingly good. Not the piss shit that a lot of parties have, but good stuff. See, we lacrosse girls do things in style. So we were drinking and I was talking to Sarah and Lauren when the seniors start yelling "Keg stand! Keg stand!" A keg, in case you have no idea what I'm talking about, is a metal barrel of beer with a hose and nozzle attached to the top where the beer comes out of. The seniors wanted the freshmen to take keg stands. I figure why not. There's no harm to it. And it's something I havent done before.

After Sara Frazier takes her keg stand, its my turn. Tara and Marissa explain the whole thing to me. You brace yourself on the barrel by holding on to the sides with your arms. Then they stick the nozzle in your mouth and hold your legs up in the air so that you're at a 45 degree angle upwards, completely in the air. Then they release the beer and you start drinking while everyone counts "One. Two. Three...." for as long as you can go. When you can drink no more, you nod your head and the people holding up your legs will let you down. Its wild as hell and loud, but its actually fun in that crazy boisterous party sort of way. I lasted till "eleven".


So then we just started dancing. Drinking. And dancing. And drinking some more. That went on for a bit. Towards the end, someone said the cops were down the street and they were coming to bust us. This is where it kinda gets exciting. Because the drinking age is 21, all the freshmen and underclassmen who are under age start taking off through the back door that leads to the alley behind Traci's house. But because Katie was my ride, and she was out front, I didn't want to go out the back. So Anya opened this trap door in the ceiling of one of the rooms and Sarah and I climbed up to the attic where we sat for a while until Anya came back to get us saying that we should run out the back because the cops were coming to check the house.

Me, Sarah, Marissa and a couple of other guys ran out the back door, and I called Katie, who drove out back to meet us. According to Jackie, I came home drunk but vehemently declaring that I wasn't even though I bumped into several different things while I was finding my way into our room.

Maybe I'm building a higher alcohol tolerance. Either that or I'm getting better at drinking in moderation. Because whatever it is, I don't get puke-drunk anymore. Nowadays, I just get drunk to the point where you lose yourself and start having the time of your life, but you're not totally gone to the extent that your senses are dulled and you don't know what you're doing. That's the perfect balance that makes for good drunken fun without the horrible side effects of puking your guts up three hours later! :) So yes. Guess who had a great weekend?

As for tennis. I made it to the finals for the women's singles but ending up doing myself an injustice by losing in straight sets 2-6, 4-6. I was hella pissed at myself. Still, there's always next year. Every time I play, I come just a little closer to winning the title. Next year I'll KICK BUTT! Ooh rah!

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com