Saturday, May 08, 2004
Creep on the Bus
Went to see Van Helsing with Joe and Abraham today. The movie wasn't really all that great. Actually it fell far short of my expectations. The middle was so boring I came close to falling asleep. But the ending helped the movie redeem itself a little bit. It was AMAZING. Best fight scene between two monsters that I've ever seen in any movie. Plus the last scene of the movie was nice and touching. Struck an emotional note in a movie that otherwise really had no character development and minimal storyline.
Riding the bus back, this old guy gets on and squeezes himself into the seat next to me. He's really tiko looking with sunglasses and this really gross mustache. (Whitley people, think Mr Tham!) So the first thing he says is, "You're a really beautiful oriental girl." And kinda sits as close to me as he can.
"Uh thanks." I mumble. Squishing up closer to Joe on my other side, trying to get as far away from El Creepo as possible. I refuse to look at him and hope he gets the message: Fuck off. "How long did it take you to learn English?" he persists, trying to start a fucking conversation. Wrong line pal. Now I'm not just creeped out, I'm plain pissed. "I've always spoken English." I tell him roughly. Joe chimes in, "She's from Singapore. And they were under the British for a long time." We hope this will get him to shut up. It doesn't. He starts telling us about his college days even though we look as though we obviously don't give a fuck. I would've stood up and moved if the bus hadn't been as packed as it was.
El Creepo keeps up the one way conversation all the way to Eugene station, all the while sitting as close to me as he can fucking get. At the first chance I get, I move as far away from him as is humanly possible. Creep.
That's one of the horrible things about not having a car and having to ride the bus. You find yourself encountering all sorts of incredibly weird people. Because hey, people with money drive. The only people who ride the damn bus are poor college students and kooks. Plus seeing that Eugene is Hippietown, USA, the kooks are always around and about. Most of the time they're harmless and don't bother you, but it doesn't make them any less weird.
Maybe I should get some pepper spray.
Riding the bus back, this old guy gets on and squeezes himself into the seat next to me. He's really tiko looking with sunglasses and this really gross mustache. (Whitley people, think Mr Tham!) So the first thing he says is, "You're a really beautiful oriental girl." And kinda sits as close to me as he can.
"Uh thanks." I mumble. Squishing up closer to Joe on my other side, trying to get as far away from El Creepo as possible. I refuse to look at him and hope he gets the message: Fuck off. "How long did it take you to learn English?" he persists, trying to start a fucking conversation. Wrong line pal. Now I'm not just creeped out, I'm plain pissed. "I've always spoken English." I tell him roughly. Joe chimes in, "She's from Singapore. And they were under the British for a long time." We hope this will get him to shut up. It doesn't. He starts telling us about his college days even though we look as though we obviously don't give a fuck. I would've stood up and moved if the bus hadn't been as packed as it was.
El Creepo keeps up the one way conversation all the way to Eugene station, all the while sitting as close to me as he can fucking get. At the first chance I get, I move as far away from him as is humanly possible. Creep.
That's one of the horrible things about not having a car and having to ride the bus. You find yourself encountering all sorts of incredibly weird people. Because hey, people with money drive. The only people who ride the damn bus are poor college students and kooks. Plus seeing that Eugene is Hippietown, USA, the kooks are always around and about. Most of the time they're harmless and don't bother you, but it doesn't make them any less weird.
Maybe I should get some pepper spray.
Comments:
Post a Comment