Tuesday, April 13, 2004
The Worst Day Ever.
Well okay, so maybe that's an exaggeration. But honest to God, today really did feel like the worst day ever. For one thing, I had to sit through Vis Comm. Which is always a pain in the ass. Then I had to wait an hour and a half just to get to a computer to start my project.
The Project. That is itself was just fucked up. These people are just retarded. They expect you to replicate a contents page from a magazine right down to the minutest detail. As in Picture A has to be exactly X milimeters from Word B. That's just so ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that when you have 160 people jostling for 20 computers, things are not gonna be pretty.
So that's how I spend my afternoon. In the fucking computer lab for five whole hours. I even missed tennis today because I didn't want to give up the computer and have to come back and wait another hour and a half. And right now, I'm nowhere near done.
Got back at 5pm, grabbed some dinner and forced myself to read a few more chapters of Frankenstein-- due for discussion in class tomorrow. Katie calls at 6pm, offering me temporary reprieve from the chronicles of that stupid green monster. Then I went to lacrosse at 7pm. And even that wasn't enough to brighten my day. The "A" Team has an important tourney this weekend, so they got all the action at practice today. The rest of us kinda did some passing, and a little shooting... not like there were very many of us anyway. There were like 4 'B' Team girls today. Don't know where the hell everyone else was.
To top it all off, I was just really low on energy today. And unusually depressed. So yeah, I've had a shitty day.
The Project. That is itself was just fucked up. These people are just retarded. They expect you to replicate a contents page from a magazine right down to the minutest detail. As in Picture A has to be exactly X milimeters from Word B. That's just so ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that when you have 160 people jostling for 20 computers, things are not gonna be pretty.
So that's how I spend my afternoon. In the fucking computer lab for five whole hours. I even missed tennis today because I didn't want to give up the computer and have to come back and wait another hour and a half. And right now, I'm nowhere near done.
Got back at 5pm, grabbed some dinner and forced myself to read a few more chapters of Frankenstein-- due for discussion in class tomorrow. Katie calls at 6pm, offering me temporary reprieve from the chronicles of that stupid green monster. Then I went to lacrosse at 7pm. And even that wasn't enough to brighten my day. The "A" Team has an important tourney this weekend, so they got all the action at practice today. The rest of us kinda did some passing, and a little shooting... not like there were very many of us anyway. There were like 4 'B' Team girls today. Don't know where the hell everyone else was.
To top it all off, I was just really low on energy today. And unusually depressed. So yeah, I've had a shitty day.
Comments:
Post a Comment