Thursday, April 08, 2004
Resolution or Not?
So John called last night. He didn't come over in the end. When I asked him why he'd changed his mind, he gave me a very huffy "I figured you'd have better things to do." To cut a long story short, we basically talked and I told him that I didn't want a serious committed relationship. I didn't want something whereby if he didn't see me one weekend, he was gonna get upset.
He wasn't pleased. Evidently. But it could have been worse. So we agreed to take it down some notches. And then made plans to meet up next weekend. That was that. Am I happier now? Somewhat. Am I sure that I still want to be in this thing? No. I'm not sure. The way I see it right now, this is not a permanent resolution. We'll take it down a notch now, but he'll end up trying to work it back up to the way it was before. So I still have thinking to do. Everyone's telling me to just let him go and pull out while I still can. I figure I'll go out with him next weekend and see where the whole thing is going. If I don't like the direction its taking then, then I guess its time to call it quits.
He wasn't pleased. Evidently. But it could have been worse. So we agreed to take it down some notches. And then made plans to meet up next weekend. That was that. Am I happier now? Somewhat. Am I sure that I still want to be in this thing? No. I'm not sure. The way I see it right now, this is not a permanent resolution. We'll take it down a notch now, but he'll end up trying to work it back up to the way it was before. So I still have thinking to do. Everyone's telling me to just let him go and pull out while I still can. I figure I'll go out with him next weekend and see where the whole thing is going. If I don't like the direction its taking then, then I guess its time to call it quits.
Comments:
Post a Comment