Thursday, April 29, 2004
Nice? Never Again
My journalism professor thinks I plagiarized on our first project. Or at least he thought I did. What happened was that on the first proj we were supposed to replicate a magazine cover. So I was in the computer lab doing that, when this girl comes up and sits in the cubicle next to mine. Apparently she's doing the same cover that I'm working on. From then on, her head is constantly in my cubicle. What font are you using for that? She'd ask me that question oh-so-innocently and just look at my screen, grabbing the font off me after I spent hours looking through 100's of fonts to find one that looked as identical to the original as possible.
As it turns out, we both turned in identical looking projects. So Bill calls me up and asks whats going on. He says he recieved two that looked exactly the same. The unasked question is there, "So did you just copy this off that other girl?" Copy? I'm the original dammit! She's just the fucking cheap imitation! I explain my way out of it because I have nohing to hide. I show him all my rough drafts. He says he'll look at my project again and regrade it. So good, problem solved.
But that bitch really screwed me over. She didn't get called up. I met her in the lab again the other day. Apparently she got a 94 on the project. After stealing MY fonts, MY techniques and MY hard work. God, I swear the next time I see her, I'll slap her.
As it turns out, we both turned in identical looking projects. So Bill calls me up and asks whats going on. He says he recieved two that looked exactly the same. The unasked question is there, "So did you just copy this off that other girl?" Copy? I'm the original dammit! She's just the fucking cheap imitation! I explain my way out of it because I have nohing to hide. I show him all my rough drafts. He says he'll look at my project again and regrade it. So good, problem solved.
But that bitch really screwed me over. She didn't get called up. I met her in the lab again the other day. Apparently she got a 94 on the project. After stealing MY fonts, MY techniques and MY hard work. God, I swear the next time I see her, I'll slap her.
Comments:
Post a Comment