<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 17, 2004

Movie Night 

Hello everyone. Its 11:30 on a Saturday morning, and as I sit here writing this, I'm feeling unusually motivated. I'm actually gonna sit down and get some homework done today. Yes. And not wait for Sunday to come where I panic, spaz out and work tirelessly through till 4am Monday morning. No. I shall make a dent in this weekend's pile of work today.

Last night went well. I've had so much on my plate recently that until last night, I'd forgotten how much fun it can be to just chill with a friend on the weekend, go to a couple of movies and stay up late talking.

Kill Bill 2 was released in the US yesterday. So Katie and I made a night of it and decided to do a little movie marathon. We saw Kill Bill at 7, and got tickets for the Punisher at 10:30. Kill Bill was AMAZING. It's like one of those old Bruce Lee movies, but its been spiffed up so that it doesn't look dated, with lots of Yuen Wo Ping martial arts choreography combined with Tarantino gore and Matrix-standard effects. In short, its fucking cool. Go see it.

So Kill Bill let out at 9:30, and we had a full hour before The Punisher. Since this is America, and the different screening rooms in movie theaters are all located in a long hallway with no ushers, we decided to go sneak into another movie to kill time. So we popped into the Alamo only to realize that the movie was winding down. We watched the last twenty minutes or so of that movie, then snuck into Hellboy. This was just starting, so we watched the first quarter of it till it was time to go see The Punisher.

Okay. Couple of observations. The Alamo wasn't that great. So I don't recommend it. Hellboy was hella cool if you've got a thing for comic books. Go see that if you haven't already. And The Punisher was pretty decent as far as comic book movie adaptations go. It was eons better than The Hulk, but fell a little short of Daredevil. Still, its another one that's worth seeing. In fact, watching John Travolta play another diabolical villian is money's worth in itself!

We got out of The Punisher at 12:30 and decided to head to Shari's to get some dinner.. late dinner that is. Somehow dinner stretched into a two hour thing, I guess because we just sat there and talked. I got home at 3am. Jackie's camping with Marcus this weekend, so I have the room to myself.

So nothing really special, but I guess having fun's about the company and the entertainment. You don't have to do something completely mind blowingly amazing to be able to enjoy yourself.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com