<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 10, 2004

Home Tourney 

Played our home tournament today. Felt great. Was kinda nice to be playing on OUR turf with OUR fans out and everyone cheering for the Ducks. Makes you wanna play harder. See, who says fans don't matter?

Anyway, first game against Lewis & Clark went pretty well. It was never really a competition. Especially in the second half, where everyone just rallied and we started pulling away for good. In the end, the final score was 13-8. It sounds closer than it really is because they honestly never had a chance. I played almost the entire game, except for two minutes towards the end when I rolled my ankle and hobbled off to get the trainer to tape it up. I went back in after the tape job and finished off the game though. Nikki and Jackie came to see me play!!! Even at 9 in the morning, so that was really nice of them.

The second game was against Willamette-- the same team who'd kicked our asses last weekend. This time, with some of the "A" Team players playing for us, we did a LOT better. Jackie came out to watch my game again, with Marcus in tow.

This game was intense. We shot to a quick 2-0 lead with goals from Beth and Louisa. But then Willamette found their groove, and somehow worked their way back to take the lead 2-3 within minutes. Halfway through the first half, I got the ball in the goal box and was about to shoot when a Willamette girl just ran in front of me, and my stick happened to catch her on the face. Not my fault because the idiot decided to come into my line of fire when I was shooting. But the stupid ref called it on me. She gave me a fricking yellow card! Man, was I PISSED. So I went off, and at the end of the three minute penalty, I came back on.

At the half, we were only down a goal-- 3-4. But in the second half, everything just kinda fell apart. They scored a couple of goals in quick succession, and we kept finding ourselves having to play catch-up. In the end, we lost 5-9. And god, that was just so disappointing. I wanted to win this game so bad.

As expected, the "A" team won both their games. So in total both teams won three out of our four home games, not too back at all. Now I've got to shower and get ready. We're leaving for Zack's soon.


SCOREBOARD
Oregon 'B': 4-8 (1-1)

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com