Wednesday, March 31, 2004
Won an Academic Award I Have
Looked in my mailbox today to find a beige envelope from the National Society of Collegiate Scholars. Doesn't ring a bell? Yeah well I'd never heard of them before this. But apparently they've nominated me for membership. The letter I got said that the NSCS is "the honor society for high achieving first and second year students"... and that membership is by invitation only. They're gonna award me with a diploma and will officially induct me into the society at an official campus convocation. So that's nice, its an academic award for me. My first in this country anyway.
Other than that, I finally managed to make some headway with my f-ed up Writing class situation. I got into the 2pm class of the teacher that I want. Yeah! So since I'm registered for her 2pm, I figure she's not gonna mind all that much if I keep going for her noon class. I'd love to stay in the noon class because Katie's in it too. But even if my teacher isn't cool with that, hey, at least I'm still in one of her classes. Better than the situation I was in before!
Will be going down to Corvallis this Saturday for lacrosse. John won't be there though, he's got a rugby match in Reno, Nevada. Can't say I'm all that disappointed about that.
Other than that, I finally managed to make some headway with my f-ed up Writing class situation. I got into the 2pm class of the teacher that I want. Yeah! So since I'm registered for her 2pm, I figure she's not gonna mind all that much if I keep going for her noon class. I'd love to stay in the noon class because Katie's in it too. But even if my teacher isn't cool with that, hey, at least I'm still in one of her classes. Better than the situation I was in before!
Will be going down to Corvallis this Saturday for lacrosse. John won't be there though, he's got a rugby match in Reno, Nevada. Can't say I'm all that disappointed about that.
Comments:
Post a Comment