<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 22, 2004

A Taste of Pro Sports 

Today was AWESOME. I watched my FIRST professional sports match. And now that I have, I just want MORE!!! We were driving past the hockey arena tonight when we realized that the Vancouver Canucks were playing a home game. So on impulse, we decided to park the car and see if we could still get tickets. The cheapest tickets at the ticket window were going for Canadian $79.90!!! No way was I gonna shell out that much money. Not even for a hockey game. Then we met this guy on the street who was selling tickets for 30bucks. So we got a couple and went in.

We kinda milled around for a while. We explored the gift shop, and I got myself a Canucks T-shirt and a Canucks pennant for my dorm room wall. They weren't exactly cheap, but hey, it was to commemorate my very first pro ice hockey game!!! The game started at 7pm. While our 30 dollar seats were the cheapest in the house, they actually weren't all that bad. In fact, we could see every bit of the action from where we were seated. The game itself was fast paced and high scoring as far as most hockey games are concerned. I think it's one of the better ones that I've seen because in a lot of hockey games, no one scores till the third period, and the game ends 2-1 or 3-2. This game was high scoring, with the final score of 4-5. While the Canucks ended up losing-- to the disgust of the home crowd-- at least the game itself was action packed!

By 9:30pm, the game had ended, and 18,000 people trooped out of the stadium together. Now that I've been to my very first pro sports game, I just want MORE!!! It's SO much fun! I mean hey, this is part of the reason why I wanted to come to the States in the first place: The sports scene is so much more happening than the bullshit S-League we have at home. Wah hee!!!!! :)

This was a simply awesome experience. Period.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com