Tuesday, March 09, 2004
Sushi Party
Leslie invited me over for dinner after lacrosse tonight. She made SUSHI!!!! For those of you who didn't check out my photos and have no idea in hell who I'm referring to, Leslie is this Japanese-American girl on the team. I bough her dinner with my meal points last week. So this week, she decided to make me sushi..
Followed Leslie and Liz home. (The two of them and Ashley share a house.) Leslie'd already boiled the rice before practice so she just stirred in vinegar and sugar-- I had no idea that you put sugar in Sushi rice!!-- and taught us all how to roll our own sushi. There were a bunch of us there because Leslie invited a few of her friends over. So we rolled everything together and sat down to eat and watch Real World.
I had sushi! A whole LOT of it too. Do you know how damn expensive sushi is in the US? Its like 3 pieces of Salmon sashimi for US$5.70!!! And it was fun hanging out with Leslie and the others too. Now I actually know how to make sushi! hah. Its not even all that hard. Definitely something I'm gonna try when I get my own apartment next year.
Okay, in other news... Guess who was productive today? That's right... ME!! I actually did some reading after class this afternoon. Even though it was SUNNY too. Do you know how HARD it is to stay indoors and do homework when the sun is out and all I wanna do is grab my racket and go play some tennis? But yeah, I got some geography done.
And I got whomped in the head again today at lacrosse. Liz had the ball and was trying to shoot towards goal. Apparently I got in her way because the ball hit me in the forehead instead of hitting the goal net. Its not too bad though. For some reason I think getting hit by Aria's big wood stick hurt more.
Right. Now it's back to homework. Ack.
Followed Leslie and Liz home. (The two of them and Ashley share a house.) Leslie'd already boiled the rice before practice so she just stirred in vinegar and sugar-- I had no idea that you put sugar in Sushi rice!!-- and taught us all how to roll our own sushi. There were a bunch of us there because Leslie invited a few of her friends over. So we rolled everything together and sat down to eat and watch Real World.
I had sushi! A whole LOT of it too. Do you know how damn expensive sushi is in the US? Its like 3 pieces of Salmon sashimi for US$5.70!!! And it was fun hanging out with Leslie and the others too. Now I actually know how to make sushi! hah. Its not even all that hard. Definitely something I'm gonna try when I get my own apartment next year.
Okay, in other news... Guess who was productive today? That's right... ME!! I actually did some reading after class this afternoon. Even though it was SUNNY too. Do you know how HARD it is to stay indoors and do homework when the sun is out and all I wanna do is grab my racket and go play some tennis? But yeah, I got some geography done.
And I got whomped in the head again today at lacrosse. Liz had the ball and was trying to shoot towards goal. Apparently I got in her way because the ball hit me in the forehead instead of hitting the goal net. Its not too bad though. For some reason I think getting hit by Aria's big wood stick hurt more.
Right. Now it's back to homework. Ack.
Comments:
Post a Comment