Thursday, March 04, 2004
New Classes
Well, just registered for next term's classes today. Its one of the last registration days and I got stuck with some crummy classes so I am PISSED off! God. The Women's and Gender studies class that I wanted was closed. The Writing class that I wanted was closed. Wait. Just about ALL the decent writing classes were closed. It came down to me having to choose between having writing at 8:30am or 7pm. That's like a no-choice since I have lacrosse at 7, and there's no way in hell I'm gonna miss lacrosse for writing. So now I'm stuck with Writing at 8:30am two days a week. What bullshit.
I got Reese to save me a spot in the Film class that I wanted, and at least I managed to squeeze into my journalism class. I couldn't get into any of the Tennis classes though. They were all full. Stupid freshman registration times. They really screw you over. We're the last ones to register because registration goes by seniority. Hence the seniors started registering last week.
As of right now, these are my classes for next term:
1) WR 122: Writing 122
2) J204: Visual Communication
3) ENG 199: Science Fiction and Mythology
4) HIST 103: Western Civ 1789-present
5) ENG 255: History of Film Post WWII to present.
Here's the deal. That's 19 credits there. A bit too much. Trouble is, I can't decide which class to drop. WR122 and J204 are compulsory. So I have to choose to drop one of the other three. Otherwise I'm gonna find myself overloaded. A little help guys!
I've been so completely unproductive this week. I haven't done jack since getting back on Sunday. And I think I'm still kinda fatigued because I've been finding practice really hard this week. Though I don't think that's just me. Practice has been insane. We've done wind sprints everyday this week. And those are not fun. You start at one end of the soccer field, run to the halfway point and back three times. That's one set. We do four sets. Enough to totally empty your gas tank.
I got Reese to save me a spot in the Film class that I wanted, and at least I managed to squeeze into my journalism class. I couldn't get into any of the Tennis classes though. They were all full. Stupid freshman registration times. They really screw you over. We're the last ones to register because registration goes by seniority. Hence the seniors started registering last week.
As of right now, these are my classes for next term:
1) WR 122: Writing 122
2) J204: Visual Communication
3) ENG 199: Science Fiction and Mythology
4) HIST 103: Western Civ 1789-present
5) ENG 255: History of Film Post WWII to present.
Here's the deal. That's 19 credits there. A bit too much. Trouble is, I can't decide which class to drop. WR122 and J204 are compulsory. So I have to choose to drop one of the other three. Otherwise I'm gonna find myself overloaded. A little help guys!
I've been so completely unproductive this week. I haven't done jack since getting back on Sunday. And I think I'm still kinda fatigued because I've been finding practice really hard this week. Though I don't think that's just me. Practice has been insane. We've done wind sprints everyday this week. And those are not fun. You start at one end of the soccer field, run to the halfway point and back three times. That's one set. We do four sets. Enough to totally empty your gas tank.
Comments:
Post a Comment