Friday, March 12, 2004
Drained
Its only 11.45am. And already this has been one of those days where you wake up to realize that the world seems to be conspiring against you.
I got back from the library at 5am last night. Bleary eyed, exhausted and disoriented. Set my alarm clock and jumped straight into bed. This morning, I was supposed to wake up at 8.15am to print out my journalism project before going to class. Somehow either my alarm clock didn't ring or it rang and I shut it off unconsciously. I woke up at 8:58am. I had to be in class by 9.
Springing into action, I tried to print my stupid journalism project. But the printer and the computer chose today to co-operate in an effort to fuck me up. Printer refused to work right. Computer kept telling me that the margins of my paper were set outside the printable area. Drove me half mad in exasperation.
I finally managed to get everything together. Tore out of the room and raced my bike to English class. Got there by 9:13. Took my Geog Final at 10. After that, I was sitting in the sun proof-reading my journalism paper, and I realized that the whole margins thing had screwed me over. A few of lines had been left out from the middle of my paper. I frantically scribbled them in. What else could I do? At 11, I went to J201, turned the paper in and left, telling the prof that I had a lacrosse tourney to get to at 11.30-- which of course is total bullshit since we're not scheduled to leave till 3pm. But I really didn't feel as though I could sit through another hour of class. Not today.
Now I'm sitting here. Numb. Drained. I barely want to move. Even the idea of playing lacrosse tomorrow can't perk me up right now. All I can think about is how much more tired I'm gonna be after the tourney tomorrow. And how I still have a final on Monday, and a paper due Tuesday morning before this hellish week is over.
I've had 8 hours of sleep over the last 48hrs. Do not risk pissing me off right now.
I got back from the library at 5am last night. Bleary eyed, exhausted and disoriented. Set my alarm clock and jumped straight into bed. This morning, I was supposed to wake up at 8.15am to print out my journalism project before going to class. Somehow either my alarm clock didn't ring or it rang and I shut it off unconsciously. I woke up at 8:58am. I had to be in class by 9.
Springing into action, I tried to print my stupid journalism project. But the printer and the computer chose today to co-operate in an effort to fuck me up. Printer refused to work right. Computer kept telling me that the margins of my paper were set outside the printable area. Drove me half mad in exasperation.
I finally managed to get everything together. Tore out of the room and raced my bike to English class. Got there by 9:13. Took my Geog Final at 10. After that, I was sitting in the sun proof-reading my journalism paper, and I realized that the whole margins thing had screwed me over. A few of lines had been left out from the middle of my paper. I frantically scribbled them in. What else could I do? At 11, I went to J201, turned the paper in and left, telling the prof that I had a lacrosse tourney to get to at 11.30-- which of course is total bullshit since we're not scheduled to leave till 3pm. But I really didn't feel as though I could sit through another hour of class. Not today.
Now I'm sitting here. Numb. Drained. I barely want to move. Even the idea of playing lacrosse tomorrow can't perk me up right now. All I can think about is how much more tired I'm gonna be after the tourney tomorrow. And how I still have a final on Monday, and a paper due Tuesday morning before this hellish week is over.
I've had 8 hours of sleep over the last 48hrs. Do not risk pissing me off right now.
Comments:
Post a Comment