<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Bleagh 

Classes-wise, today has not been fun. I had to drag myself out of bed at 8 to make it to this morning's stupid 8.30 writing class. And I didn't even like the damn class. The instructor make it pretty damn clear that she's a stick-to-the-textbook kinda teacher. Completely unlike Miriam last term, who was so much more open to alternative methods of teaching. So now I'm determined to get out of this writing class and transfer to another one. I will NOT stay here. But my options are pretty damn limited right now because everything is still fucking full. So guess who's looking through the course schedule and getting all pissed off? Geez. I'm REALLY hoping that some ass will drop out of Miriam's class and GIVE ME A SPOT!!!! Dammit!

Then I went to J204 this morning and realized that it's very design-based. As in we're gonna have to design stupid magazine covers and what not. "Visual Communication" is nothing more than a fancy-schmancy term for ART and DESIGN. Two things I really can't be bothered with. I never liked art in Whitley. And I'm in Journalism because I like to WRITE. NOT design. To make it worse, almost the entire grade is based on several big DESIGN projects. Translated to mean if you screw up on one, it'll come back to bite you in the butt. Shit. Still, there's no way I can get out of it because it's a core requirement for the J-school.

This term might end up being a lot more work than I envisioned. This stupid design course is gonna take a lot of time. Plus there's history, which means a lot of reading. I don't really mind history reading, but it means even more time. Then there are the FIVE books we're gonna read in my Sci-Fi class. And to make matters worse, if I can't get OUT of this stupid 8:30 writing class, I'm gonna have a lot of dumb reading responses due twice a week. Oh boy. What in hell have I gotten myself into?

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com