<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 15, 2004

Valentine's Weekend Come True 

This Valentine's weekend was seriously like a dream come true. John picked me up at about noon. He was all dressed up, shirt and pants, complete with a rose for me. We got into the car he'd rented-- this really cool Jeep Cherokee-- and drove from Eugene down to Florence where we had lunch at this authentic Thai restaurant. I swear that was the best Tom Yum soup I've ever had in my entire bloody life!!!

After that he took me down to the Oregon coast. The beach was magnificent, with waves crashing against the shoreline, a sight more beautiful than anything I've ever seen. We went to the sea lion caves, taking this elevator 200feet down to these caves where about a hundred sea lions were lying on the rocks. For a while, we just watched the sea lions, and went over to this balcony over looking the ocean in all its wild resplendence. It was like a scene out of a movie. The two of us standing there alone, just taking in the ocean in front of us, with a lighthouse in the distance and a waterfall to the right. Then he kissed me.

After the sea lion caves, we drove to this quaint little sea town called Newport. Everything about that town was nautical, from the decor in the restaurants to the smell of the ocean in the air. We had clam chowder at Mo's-- a restaurant that boasts of the World's Best Clam Chowder-- and I had an oyster shooter. That's an oyster in a shot glass with lemon juice and hot sauce. I normally dont like oysters, but this one was REALLY good. Maybe its because it was fresh from the ocean.

We strolled around that little town and stopped at this cute little old fashioned candy store. It reminded me a whole lot of the old English candy stores that Roald Dahl describes in Boy. Inside, they had the widest selection of saltwater taffy that I'd ever seen in my life! Every flavor or color you could possibly think of. So we spent some time there, and picked out this huge bag of taffy.

Finally we drove up to Kevin's parents' beach house and spent the rest of the evening hanging out there. There were a few other people-- 7 guys, 3 girls in total. And they were all really nice. No gross drunk idiots anywhere. The guys played drinking games and the girls made cookies. Doesn't that sound so ridiculously cliched?!?! lol. But that's what we did! John and I ended up takin the master bedroom. There was a jacuzzi in the bathroom too! So we spent some time there. I was in my bikini. For those of you who are wondering.

Finally the next morning, we drove back to Corvallis for his rugby game, had lunch after that at this little place called the Chippery where they make their own chips from scratch everyday. Then we ended up going back to Eugene and meeting up with Reese and her boyfriend to watch Miracle together. After the movie, he drove me home.

So that was that. Honestly the best V-Day I've had ever! And yes, I do like him. A lot. He was so gentlemanly. Opening car doors and any other door for me. Plus he paid for everything... which means that he spent a good bit of money this weekend.

I've got three pics. Will post them ASAP.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com