Sunday, February 01, 2004
Snowboarding and a Rollickin' Weekend!
Yesterday, I went snowboarding for the very first time ever!!! It was such a blast!!!! I went with the rest of my dorm, though only a few girls from my floor went. There were two buses going up to Mt. Bachelor. Its a four hour drive so we left at 5am!!
Anyway, snowboarding's not as easy as I thought. I figured that since I'd done wakeboarding before it'd be okay. Uh uh. Riding a wake and riding snow are two entirely different things. And because Lizzie-- one of my dormmates-- was a bad teacher who kept telling us that the only way to learn was through trial and error, we had to just get on the board and go. That's not as easy as it sounds since "go" means launching yourself off a snowy slope with no idea how to control the damn board that your legs are strapped to. I got the hang of it after a while though, and after a lot of falling down on my ass.
Which is precisely why my butt's really sore today. Just like the rest of my body. Snowboarding gets you really sore... all over. Still I had an awesome time. For one thing, it was the most snow I'd ever seen in my life. Stunningly beautiful powdery white snow that gets in your hair, your clothes and your nose. That in itself was something awesome. But whizzing down a hill so fast that you can't control it. That was an adrenaline pumping rush like no other.
We made something like 10 runs down the hill in total. By the end, I could get down the entire thing falling maybe only a couple of times. yay. I definitely wanna go again!
Anyway, snowboarding's not as easy as I thought. I figured that since I'd done wakeboarding before it'd be okay. Uh uh. Riding a wake and riding snow are two entirely different things. And because Lizzie-- one of my dormmates-- was a bad teacher who kept telling us that the only way to learn was through trial and error, we had to just get on the board and go. That's not as easy as it sounds since "go" means launching yourself off a snowy slope with no idea how to control the damn board that your legs are strapped to. I got the hang of it after a while though, and after a lot of falling down on my ass.
Which is precisely why my butt's really sore today. Just like the rest of my body. Snowboarding gets you really sore... all over. Still I had an awesome time. For one thing, it was the most snow I'd ever seen in my life. Stunningly beautiful powdery white snow that gets in your hair, your clothes and your nose. That in itself was something awesome. But whizzing down a hill so fast that you can't control it. That was an adrenaline pumping rush like no other.
We made something like 10 runs down the hill in total. By the end, I could get down the entire thing falling maybe only a couple of times. yay. I definitely wanna go again!
Comments:
Post a Comment