Thursday, February 05, 2004
Out of the Slump
Today was simply G-REAT. I had a phenomenal practice. Not fantastic in the sense that I did anything terribly amazing, but fantastic in the sense that I'm finally out of my week long physical slump.
See how it works is, this week, I've physically been feeling like shite. Monday I was still sore from snowboarding. Tuesday I was a bumbling idiot on the field. I actually ran the wrong way a couple of times. Don't know what was wrong with me. I just felt kinda out of it. Wednesday I managed to unscrew my head from my ass long enough to actually know what I was doing at practice. But my body felt like crap. I wasn't energetic. Couldn't run at full speed. My right knee and thigh somehow felt like they were gonna give out. And it seemed to me that I couldnt defend to save my life.
But today. Ah. Today was magic. I felt like the bloody Energizer bunny! I was all over the field, making interceptions left, right, and center. I was sprinting up and down the field and not getting tired at all. What made it more amazing was that because we had really few people at practice today, we had less time to rest during drills when in line waiting for our turn. I played stellar defense. No one could touch me. And guess what, as practice wore on, I seemed to get less tired and even MORE energetic! How's that now?!?!
The Magic's back people. And thank God for that. I've just about had it with feeling all achy and lethargic! Ack!
See how it works is, this week, I've physically been feeling like shite. Monday I was still sore from snowboarding. Tuesday I was a bumbling idiot on the field. I actually ran the wrong way a couple of times. Don't know what was wrong with me. I just felt kinda out of it. Wednesday I managed to unscrew my head from my ass long enough to actually know what I was doing at practice. But my body felt like crap. I wasn't energetic. Couldn't run at full speed. My right knee and thigh somehow felt like they were gonna give out. And it seemed to me that I couldnt defend to save my life.
But today. Ah. Today was magic. I felt like the bloody Energizer bunny! I was all over the field, making interceptions left, right, and center. I was sprinting up and down the field and not getting tired at all. What made it more amazing was that because we had really few people at practice today, we had less time to rest during drills when in line waiting for our turn. I played stellar defense. No one could touch me. And guess what, as practice wore on, I seemed to get less tired and even MORE energetic! How's that now?!?!
The Magic's back people. And thank God for that. I've just about had it with feeling all achy and lethargic! Ack!
Comments:
Post a Comment