Tuesday, February 17, 2004
Leeches
I do not like leeches.
There's this girl on the team who's a leech of the worst variety-- the leech with a big mouth. She leeches herself on to me, and while she's a perfectly nice person (I suppose...), the thing that irks the HELL outta me is that she NEVER STOPS TALKING!!!
She's like a fricking freight train, going on and on and on and on telling me EVERY single bloody detail of her life. And its not a particularly interesting one either. In fact, all she talks about is architecture, physics, and oh wait. Did I mention architecture? I've heard more about the bloody architecture program than I could EVER want or need to know! God help me!
And she LEECHES herself on to me after EVERY practice. So i HAVE to walk home with her and listen to her monotonous droning about architecture and physics. Architecture and physics. If I'm lucky sometimes she throws in a couple of details about her softball team from high school. Argh! She's driving me nuts, and there's no way I get can her to SHUT up without coming across as a total bitch.
So what do I do? I try to lag behind after practice, hoping she'll get the picture and go walk by herself. I try to get other people to walk with us, so I dont get stuck with her. But for crying out loud, NOTHING's working!!!!!
On a brighter note, John emailed me today. That's pretty much how we communicate since he's a crazy ass guy who owns neither a computer nor a cell phone. And its not to say he can't afford it. He just doesn't have one. We're meeting up on Saturday nite. Yay for me.
There's this girl on the team who's a leech of the worst variety-- the leech with a big mouth. She leeches herself on to me, and while she's a perfectly nice person (I suppose...), the thing that irks the HELL outta me is that she NEVER STOPS TALKING!!!
She's like a fricking freight train, going on and on and on and on telling me EVERY single bloody detail of her life. And its not a particularly interesting one either. In fact, all she talks about is architecture, physics, and oh wait. Did I mention architecture? I've heard more about the bloody architecture program than I could EVER want or need to know! God help me!
And she LEECHES herself on to me after EVERY practice. So i HAVE to walk home with her and listen to her monotonous droning about architecture and physics. Architecture and physics. If I'm lucky sometimes she throws in a couple of details about her softball team from high school. Argh! She's driving me nuts, and there's no way I get can her to SHUT up without coming across as a total bitch.
So what do I do? I try to lag behind after practice, hoping she'll get the picture and go walk by herself. I try to get other people to walk with us, so I dont get stuck with her. But for crying out loud, NOTHING's working!!!!!
On a brighter note, John emailed me today. That's pretty much how we communicate since he's a crazy ass guy who owns neither a computer nor a cell phone. And its not to say he can't afford it. He just doesn't have one. We're meeting up on Saturday nite. Yay for me.
Comments:
Post a Comment