Thursday, February 12, 2004
The Curse of the Turf Field
Sprained my left ankle in practice yesterday. Was jumping to intercept, and landed on it wrong. wtf. I was like the third person on the team to sprain it in two days. This week, the field has been killing people. Everyone's slipping around or spraining ankles. Tuesday at practice, Louisa and Aria sprained their ankles, and a couple of people took some nasty spills to the ground. Yesterday I sprained my ankle and more people started falling. What's going on?
Anyway, I'm still not sure I'll be able to practice today. Will probably tape my ankle and go see how it feels. Its not all that bad actually. I think I've sprained it worse through netball. At least its not really swollen or anything like that. And I can actually kinda walk on it. I just can't really rotate it all that well.
Even then, I'm not going for tennis today. Don't want to fuck it up any worse through unneccessary activity any more than I can help it. Especially because next weekend's out first match! And I badly want to play!
Anyway, I'm still not sure I'll be able to practice today. Will probably tape my ankle and go see how it feels. Its not all that bad actually. I think I've sprained it worse through netball. At least its not really swollen or anything like that. And I can actually kinda walk on it. I just can't really rotate it all that well.
Even then, I'm not going for tennis today. Don't want to fuck it up any worse through unneccessary activity any more than I can help it. Especially because next weekend's out first match! And I badly want to play!
Comments:
Post a Comment