Tuesday, January 27, 2004
Socked and Scored
Guess who got socked in the face at lacrosse again?
That's right. Your girl right here. And I wasn't asking for it or anything like that mind you. The ball just happened to land on my face instead of in my stick. I was running towards goal, nothing and no one in front of me. I passed to someone outside, she passed back and I turned my shoulder to catch it, stick in the air.
The next thing I knew, something hit me in the face. Hard. The ball came right at me before I could duck and struck me squarely on the left cheekbone, parallel to my nose, just below my left eye. I felt the impact and it was more like taking a punch to the face than anything else really. My cheek went NUMB. And everyone was asking if I was okay.
I sat out the rest of the scrimmage after that. Oh and apparently, the ball bounced off my face and into the goal, so I guess I did score a goal after all. lol. Everyone said that was the bes goal they'd ever seen. Yeah. I'll bet. When you think about it, that pass really was very accurate. lol. haha.
So yes now I'm holding an ice pack to my cheek. Its not all that numb anymore, now its kinda tingly. And don't worry people, I'm fine. I don't need a doctor or anything like that. I'm just gonna have a huge bruise tomorrow.
That's right. Your girl right here. And I wasn't asking for it or anything like that mind you. The ball just happened to land on my face instead of in my stick. I was running towards goal, nothing and no one in front of me. I passed to someone outside, she passed back and I turned my shoulder to catch it, stick in the air.
The next thing I knew, something hit me in the face. Hard. The ball came right at me before I could duck and struck me squarely on the left cheekbone, parallel to my nose, just below my left eye. I felt the impact and it was more like taking a punch to the face than anything else really. My cheek went NUMB. And everyone was asking if I was okay.
I sat out the rest of the scrimmage after that. Oh and apparently, the ball bounced off my face and into the goal, so I guess I did score a goal after all. lol. Everyone said that was the bes goal they'd ever seen. Yeah. I'll bet. When you think about it, that pass really was very accurate. lol. haha.
So yes now I'm holding an ice pack to my cheek. Its not all that numb anymore, now its kinda tingly. And don't worry people, I'm fine. I don't need a doctor or anything like that. I'm just gonna have a huge bruise tomorrow.
Comments:
Post a Comment