<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 08, 2004

Pure, Unadulterated Pleasure 

First practice of the term.

It was surreal. Yes, I was definitely hell outta shape. And no, I don't think I was even playing all that well today. Not bad or anything, but not 100% either. Yet even then I had the time of my life. So I screwed up on the drills. Dropped a few balls here and there. But at the end of practice when the time came to scrimmage, my "A" game left came back. I was all over the ball. It was amazing. It was so fucking FUN.

I love competing. That's what drives me. That's why I keep playing sports. To me its like a drug. Once you get a taste of the adrenaline rush that comes with competition, you want more and more. It just sucks you into this vortex where no one else can get at you. It takes you to a whole other world.

What the hell am I gonna do after I graduate and find myself left with no more athletic competition?

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com