<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Goal!!!! 

I scored a goal in practice today!!! My second of the season!!! And I was playing defense. Do you know how RARE that is? That a defender is able to take a shot on goal?!?!?! It was SWEET!!!!

We're about 10 metres out from goal. The girl Mary is marking drops the ball. Mary scoops it up. I ditch Traci--who's marking me-- and I cut up to Mary, all the while yelling for the ball. I want this ball. Its mine dammit. She rifles a pass to me. I catch it--miraculously enough. So I've got the ball in my stick. Cradling. Cradling. Charging towards the goal. Traci's on me, her stick thrashing at mine, trying to knock the ball loose. I turn my shoulder and barrel down field.

Suddenly I see this lane in front of me with no one except the goalie between me and the back of the net. I cock my stick back and let it fly as hard as I can. The ball shoots out, heading towards the top right hand corner of the net. The goalie stretches out her stick but its not enough. The ball hits the back of the net. GOAL! I've scored! And the coach saw it too. There's no way she's ever forgetting my name now. I'll damn well make sure of that.


Damn I love this game. Gets me pumping everytime something like that happens. And because I'm a defender, every time I do score, the experience is so much more precious, so much more sacred. And you know what, I wouldn't trade my ocassional goals for the constant goals any attacker gets even if you paid me. Defense is the way to go. Don't ever fuck with me or I'll screw you over faster than you can say "Oh shit." Oh yeah baby! Guess who's pumped up now!

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com