Wednesday, December 10, 2003
Enjoying It.
When you cram all day for a subject you like, there comes a point where you're transmitted from boredom into intense interest. At that point, you almost begin to enjoy studying. To enjoying challenging yourself and trying to cram just a few more iotas of info into an already overstuffed brain. In fact, you begin to take a sadistic somewhat perverse pleasure out of pushing your already tired, half bleary eyes to read faster, spurring your brain to absorb more.
I'm at that stage now. Until now I'd almost forgotten what it felt like to "enjoy" cramming-- as horribly nerdy as that might sound. I used to feel this way when I was cramming for WWII Hist in Sec 4, or when I was studying Othello or Hard Times for Lit in JC last year. Its been a while since I've felt this way about any subject now. But bingo, I've struck gold with Intro to Archaeology. Doesn't always guarantee that you'll do well. But more often than not, if you like what you're doing, somehow you do end up doing well. Or at the very least, not screwing up. And that's really all that anyone can ask for isnt it?
All right, it's back to the books for me now. And this time, I'm not even grumbling about it. :)
I'm at that stage now. Until now I'd almost forgotten what it felt like to "enjoy" cramming-- as horribly nerdy as that might sound. I used to feel this way when I was cramming for WWII Hist in Sec 4, or when I was studying Othello or Hard Times for Lit in JC last year. Its been a while since I've felt this way about any subject now. But bingo, I've struck gold with Intro to Archaeology. Doesn't always guarantee that you'll do well. But more often than not, if you like what you're doing, somehow you do end up doing well. Or at the very least, not screwing up. And that's really all that anyone can ask for isnt it?
All right, it's back to the books for me now. And this time, I'm not even grumbling about it. :)
Comments:
Post a Comment