Wednesday, December 03, 2003
Coming Out on Top...And Conquering Goliath.
For the last three weeks, we've been playing a tournament in tennis class. After every class, we add the number of matches we've won for the day to our cumulative total.
Well since today was the very last class of the term, Greg-- the coach-- tallied up all the totals to crown the overall champs. Kyle was the guys champ, and he got a can of balls for his efforts. When it came to the girls, it was a three way tie. Me, Alison and Melissa. I was so surprised to actually be top in the class, since I never thought I was doing all that well see? Because the three of us tied for first place, Greg was gonna award a can of balls to each of us. But then Melissa interjected and proposed a tie-break. I seconded the motion. Why not? It'd be fun to play a tie break.
So Greg arranged a tie break. I played Alison and ended up losing 3-5. Then Melissa played Alison. If she won, I would play Melissa. Too bad. Melissa lost 4-5, and Alison ended up champ.
But I''m happy anyways. The class turned out pretty well. I'm actually taking it again next term. Oh and the best part of today's class was that I played Jerk-face... this sloppy looking guy with a mean serve who's always scowling. Everytime any of us girls play against him we're bound to lose because his serves are so damn fast you can't see 'em, let alone hit them. I've never beaten him. In fact, until today, he's thrashed me every time: 0-7, 2-7... You get the picture.
Today, I played him and beat him. And get this, I beat Jerk-face not once but TWICE. Hah. The first time, I beat him 7-6. And I was so freaking happy. I couldnt believe it. Then a couple of matches later, we met again. And I beat him again. 7-6. This time he was so frustrated he smacked his racket on the ground. Twice. Hah. Take that sucker!!!
So yeah, I'm feeling really good right now! Nothing like conquering Mr Unbeatable in a come-from-behind win to boost your spirits!
Well since today was the very last class of the term, Greg-- the coach-- tallied up all the totals to crown the overall champs. Kyle was the guys champ, and he got a can of balls for his efforts. When it came to the girls, it was a three way tie. Me, Alison and Melissa. I was so surprised to actually be top in the class, since I never thought I was doing all that well see? Because the three of us tied for first place, Greg was gonna award a can of balls to each of us. But then Melissa interjected and proposed a tie-break. I seconded the motion. Why not? It'd be fun to play a tie break.
So Greg arranged a tie break. I played Alison and ended up losing 3-5. Then Melissa played Alison. If she won, I would play Melissa. Too bad. Melissa lost 4-5, and Alison ended up champ.
But I''m happy anyways. The class turned out pretty well. I'm actually taking it again next term. Oh and the best part of today's class was that I played Jerk-face... this sloppy looking guy with a mean serve who's always scowling. Everytime any of us girls play against him we're bound to lose because his serves are so damn fast you can't see 'em, let alone hit them. I've never beaten him. In fact, until today, he's thrashed me every time: 0-7, 2-7... You get the picture.
Today, I played him and beat him. And get this, I beat Jerk-face not once but TWICE. Hah. The first time, I beat him 7-6. And I was so freaking happy. I couldnt believe it. Then a couple of matches later, we met again. And I beat him again. 7-6. This time he was so frustrated he smacked his racket on the ground. Twice. Hah. Take that sucker!!!
So yeah, I'm feeling really good right now! Nothing like conquering Mr Unbeatable in a come-from-behind win to boost your spirits!
Comments:
Post a Comment