<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 04, 2003

The Stuff Dreams are Made of... 

Remember that history exam that I was so sure I screwed up? Well, I didn't. I got an A- for it!!! So yay! I was so stunned when I got my paper back because I was certain that I'd bombed since I'd had no evidence to support my claims at all. But I didn't bomb. I did get an F on the first short answer section, but the essay went pretty well. So now that means I got a B for my midterm and that's worth 25% of my final grade!

Oh and I went for an internship interview today. With the Walt Disney Company. If I get the internship I get to spend a whole summer working at Disney World in Florida. How cool is that?!?! I'm paid too!!!! Because this is just the Basic Internship, I'll just be doing stuff like running the attractions and selling hot dogs. But after I complete the Basic Internship, I'll get a chance to go back and do the Advanced Internship.

The Advanced Internship is a lot more tailored towards your major, and they have great broadcast and public relations opportunities for journalism students. Oh and here's the best part: The Walt Disney Company owns.... ESPN. Isn't that cool!!!! This'll be my first chance to get my foot in the door and talk to some of the big wigs. Then for all you know, maybe my dream really WILL come true!

The only problem with the Basic Internship is that it runs from March 21- Mid August. If I take it, that means I'll be missing all of Spring term at the U of O. And Spring Term is Lacrosse season. That's when we'll be playing matches and travelling. So I REALLY want to be a part of that!!!! You guys know me... I hate missing practice, let alone missing an ENTIRE season of matches. Plus it'll be my very first season, and that's always the most important. Because that's when you need to bond with teammates and solidy relationships for the next four years. Yet this internship could blossom into a great opportunity. It could get me the chance to do what I've wanted for so long. How to choose!?!?!?!

I'm trying not to worry about that yet since I dont even know if I'll actually get the internship. But if I do get it, I'm gonna be stuck in a HUGE dilemma.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com