<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Powdery White Blanket 

Today started out with pretty nasty weather. It was pouring hard all morning, and I went into Archaeology all wet. An hour and a half later, I stepped out of archeology to find that the rain had stopped. It was SNOWING! It was snowing so hard as ice fell out of the sky as you walked and got into your coat, into your hair and even into your mouth. It was AWESOME! This was like the first time in my life I'd ever seen snow, and the sight of powdery white clumps of ice falling from the sky captivated me.

I stood outside Fenton for a minute. Enraptured by the sight of snow blanketing everything, from the tree tops to the lawn. The whole world looked as if it had been scrubbed clean. It was like I was in a dream, and I was half-afraid to move, afraid that if I shook myself, the sight in front of me would clear. But it didn't. It snow harder.

When I got back to my dorm, I immediately grabbed the camera and took a whole bunch of pictures. Then I grabbed my jacket and ran downstairs to join the bunch of cheery people who had gathered to play in the snow.

Snow.

Such a simple, natural phenomenon. Yet it had everyone in high spirits. It brought out the kid in each one of us as we stood on the sidewalk, faces turned upwards and mouths open, trying to catch the snow in our mouths. We started taking photos with several people's cameras, and as 2pm came, the only thing that made me force myself to go to class was the sight that I knew awaited me on my way to the Rec center past the turf fields.

My diligence was rewarded. Walking past the turf fields, I just had to stop and gape. Both fields were blanketed in layers of pristine white powder. Out popped the camera, and I snapped off a few more photos before going for tennis. I'm glad I played photographer so impulsively too because after I came out of class, it had stopped snowing. The snow on the ground was melting and all the trees were dripping with water. Still, it was definitely fun while it lasted.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com