Wednesday, November 12, 2003
Cutting like Crazies..
Well here we are at Week 7, four weeks from the end of term, and everyone seems to have caught the lazy-bug. Today, I woke up at 8:25am. Five minutes before I was due in class! Contemplated not going, but decided that I'd missed too many J101s already, and that I actually DID want to try and pass the damn class this term so that I wouldn't have to re-do it next term.
8:26am- Bounce out of bed and rush to bathroom.
8:29am- Rush back into the room, pull on jeans and sweatshirt
8:31am- Thunder down the stairs, unlock bike and ride as if my life depended on it.
8:34am- I reach 180PLC. Spend another couple of minutes fiddling with the bike lock.
8:35am- I get to class.
And here's the thing: I step inside and realize that there are like maybe 80 people in a lecture theater that's built for and normally holds about 250. Everyone played hooky today! No one came to class! There were so many empty seats that each one of the people who actually did bother showing up could have sprawled over four seats per person with room to spare.
It was the same with History and Archaeology and Astronomy. Its Week 7, people are burnt out from mid-terms, and no one's bothering to go to class anymore! My roommate for example almost NEVER goes to class anymore. Reese is the same way. She's cut like three Archaeology classes in a row, and probably about three J101's in a row too. Everyone's just cutting out. And when you see half empty classrooms, you get really tempted to cut too. Like I REALLY didn't wanna go to J101 this morning.... It takes sheer willpower just to make sure you really go to class nowadays!!! I havent ut out of anything significant so far, and I'm hoping it stays that way...
On a brighter note however, I scored an 85% on my Archaeology mid term. Awwww righttt!!! Oh and guess what, my dad and sisters will be here today. They're comin' to visit for a week! yay!
8:26am- Bounce out of bed and rush to bathroom.
8:29am- Rush back into the room, pull on jeans and sweatshirt
8:31am- Thunder down the stairs, unlock bike and ride as if my life depended on it.
8:34am- I reach 180PLC. Spend another couple of minutes fiddling with the bike lock.
8:35am- I get to class.
And here's the thing: I step inside and realize that there are like maybe 80 people in a lecture theater that's built for and normally holds about 250. Everyone played hooky today! No one came to class! There were so many empty seats that each one of the people who actually did bother showing up could have sprawled over four seats per person with room to spare.
It was the same with History and Archaeology and Astronomy. Its Week 7, people are burnt out from mid-terms, and no one's bothering to go to class anymore! My roommate for example almost NEVER goes to class anymore. Reese is the same way. She's cut like three Archaeology classes in a row, and probably about three J101's in a row too. Everyone's just cutting out. And when you see half empty classrooms, you get really tempted to cut too. Like I REALLY didn't wanna go to J101 this morning.... It takes sheer willpower just to make sure you really go to class nowadays!!! I havent ut out of anything significant so far, and I'm hoping it stays that way...
On a brighter note however, I scored an 85% on my Archaeology mid term. Awwww righttt!!! Oh and guess what, my dad and sisters will be here today. They're comin' to visit for a week! yay!
Comments:
Post a Comment