<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Bittersweet is all.... 

Well I did it. I just turned down the Disney internship. After discussing the situation with mom and thinking about it, I decided that it'd be a better idea for me to spend at least a full year in school and taking as many classes as I can before going out to meddle around with internships. So I'll probably apply again next year as a sophomore. Or maybe in junior year. I got accepted once, I figure I can probably do it again right?

It's still kinda bittersweet though, because that internship would've been fun. I always thought it'd be cool to spend a summer in Disneyworld. But that's precisely it: I'd have loved to be able to spend a summer there. If the internship had been for just three months, I'd have made a beeline for it. But its not. It eats into the spring term, and that means valuable curriculum time and lacrosse time. I'm not willing to give all that up. So that's that. Frustrating, but I guess that's life right?

I also signed up for classes today. As of this very minute, the classes you'll hear me complaining about next term are: Writing 121, Geography 202: Geog of Europe, Journalism 201: Mass Media and Society and English 265: History of the Motion Picture. Next term my "fun class" is ENG 265. Its a cool class where I'll get to just sit back and watch lots and lots of movies and critique them. That's what I think I'll be doing anyway. I won't know for sure till I start class.

Again, my class selection process didn't exactly meet my satisfaction either. I REALLY wanted to sign up for History 202: US History. Its a class that covers the period of US history that has piqued my interest for as long as I remember-- The US Civil War, 1861-1865. But I can't take it this term because I couldn't fit it into my schedule. And that frustrates the HELL outta me!

To cut to the chase, I HAD to take J201 because I need that for my major. Then I HAVE to take Writing because I need that to fulfill General Education requirements. I could not give up ENG 265 again because of Gen Ed Reqs-- I needed a Lit class. I was REALLY tempted to give up the Geography course because I've never really been all that interested in Geog anyway. But my Freshman Interest Group (FIG) is taking that class next term, which means that I'll know people in the class. Plus I know if I don't take the Geog class with the FIG, there's no way I could ever work up enough personal interest in the subject matter to sign up for it on my own next winter. Whereas I'm DEFINITELY gonna take Hist 202 next winter because it covers one of my pet interests. See?

Okay enough babbling. I'm sure I'm boring everyone to tears already. Gonna go study before practice. Today's the last practice of the term!!! SOB!!!! Noooo!!!!

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com