<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Intro to Archaeology 150 

This is one of the reasons why I'm glad I didnt bother to stay in Singapore and do uni in NTU. I would never have had the chance to take a course like this!!! Archaeology dammit! The study of the evolution of human life!

I went for my second archaeology class today and I can tell you right now that out of all the courses I'm taking this term, this one's gotta be my favorite. See J101 Grammar is completely fucked up. No other term to describe a course where you're drilled for an hour and a half twice a week on the stupid rudiments of grammar. Christ, I've gotten through school with my present knowledge of grammer till now and done pretty respectably havent I? Whats the point of learning the difference between a transitive verb and an intransitive verb? Hell, I have no idea what a VERB is in the first place goddammit!

Archaeology on the other hand is awesome! Dr Erlandson is so cool! Today he showed us a picture of this archaeological site that he's working on in Iceland where they found remains of a viking ship!!! Whao!!! And the course material is just stimulating. True I do have 60 pages of reading to do before Monday. But you know what, this stuff is so interesting that I really dont mind doing all that reading!

Sheesh, maybe I should just go ahead and change my major to anthropology. No I'm not serious! But hell, I'm thinking about it! At least then I wouldnt have to bother with knowing what a fragmentary sentence is!!!

And that's another reason why I like it here: You're not locked in to any one course of study. If I decide three terms from now that I want to major in Pre-Med instead of journalism, I can just change it like that! Now aint that cool folks?

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com