Monday, October 06, 2003
Homework...or lack thereof.
Okay, I know I've been complaining all weekend about the amount of homework I've had. But right now, as I'm sitting at my desk after school, I'm beginning to realize that I actually dont have any really pressing homework due within the next 24hours.
Its not at all like last year in JC, when I'd come home from school, take a cat-nap then get up and attack the growing mound of assignments all due the next day. History I. History II. Lit Prac Crit. Lit Othello Essay. In JC they just pile stuff on you and keep it coming. Here you're assigned stuff in weekly loads and its up to you to juggle it. No one checks up on you in class either, so the onus is entirely on you to keep up. If you dont, well that's your bad and that's that.
Its liberating but also a little dangerous because when you start to realize that you arent gonna be penalized for not doing the assigned reading, you begin to bother less about homework entirely.
I'm hoping to get some reading done tonight, but I've got a couple of other things on the agenda too: Going to the gym with the girls, and going to a fencing meeting. After that we'll sit down and try to attack the books.
Its not at all like last year in JC, when I'd come home from school, take a cat-nap then get up and attack the growing mound of assignments all due the next day. History I. History II. Lit Prac Crit. Lit Othello Essay. In JC they just pile stuff on you and keep it coming. Here you're assigned stuff in weekly loads and its up to you to juggle it. No one checks up on you in class either, so the onus is entirely on you to keep up. If you dont, well that's your bad and that's that.
Its liberating but also a little dangerous because when you start to realize that you arent gonna be penalized for not doing the assigned reading, you begin to bother less about homework entirely.
I'm hoping to get some reading done tonight, but I've got a couple of other things on the agenda too: Going to the gym with the girls, and going to a fencing meeting. After that we'll sit down and try to attack the books.
Comments:
Post a Comment