<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Getting fit again! 

I love the Rec center. For those who dont know, that's the Recreational Center where all the athletic facilities are located. The U of O has this amazing Rec Center thats really new with tons of stuff to do. There are like 10 tennis courts: four of which are covered, and six that are indoor-- think indoor basketball court kinda indoor. Plus there's a gym, an indoor and outdoor running track, tons of different ball courts, and both a synthetic turf and real grass field. The best part is that all this stuff is FREE, and open till 11pm every day.

I always seem to come alive at about 9.30pm. I get energetic and feel like running. So today, that's what I did. At 10pm, Tabby, Kath and I headed over to the Rec Center. Purpose: To work out and combat any effect of the dreaded Freshman 15 that we may have accumulated thus far.

So we got to the indoor track right, and suddenly I just felt like runnning, even though normally I LOATHE running and would never do it for fun unless I was absolutely forced to. I did ten rounds of the track. That's a mile, and for those who dont know, a mile is 1.6km. And I did it at a pretty good pace too, not just jogging slowly. It felt pretty good to run again, because I think its been at least a month since I've actually done ANY runnning.

After that we played volleyball. Tabby's great at volleyball so she taught me and Katherine. I learnt to set and to serve. Kind of. I'm still not so great at volleyball, but hey, I'll play any sport.

Feels good to get active again. Now that we've started, we figure we'll try to do this at least three times a week. So i've got myself a couple of workout buddies! Yay! And I've got tennis for P.E twice a week too. Hopefully this means that when you guys next see me, I wont look any bigger than I was when I left. :)

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com