Tuesday, October 28, 2003
Freaking Bureaucracy!!
All the red tape I have to get through to get something entered in my student records is freaking annoying!!! Today I tried to get my Chinese proficiency entered into my student records. See, I took this Chinese test to test out of the foreign language requirement that all students need to get a B.A. I passed the written test easily and managed to scrape through th aural... (long story... Bitch nearly refused to pass me....) Today I took the test score and the testimonial to the East Asian Languages Dept at Friendly Hall. That's where the testing center told me to take my test scores.
But then I get to 308 Friendly Hall, and the guy in the Language Office tells me that because I'm a journalism major, I have to take the test scores to the journalism department. Okay. So I get my butt over to Allen Hall, where the j-school is located. There they tell me that I've gotta take the damn thing to the Registrar's Office at Oregon Hall... And that's like on the other side of campus!!!
Okay. I go to Oregon Hall, and into the Registrar's Office where I have to wait 15 minutes for someone to see me. Finally, I get to talk to someone. Brett looks at my test score and testimonial and says he has to ask his boss if this is where they enter records. He asks. Guess what? Boss-lady says I have to go see the person in charge of the College of Arts and Sciences. One Wendy Larson. By now I'm kinda annoyed. I mean these idiots send me all over campus and no one seems to know what they're talking about. I ask Brett where I can find Wendy Larson. He looks it up. 112 Friendly Hall. These morons send me right back to where I STARTED! How lame is that.
I didn't even manage to get over to Friendly today again because I had to go for practice. Stupid bureaucracy and red tape. Gimme a break! Everyone needs to take their heads OUT of their asses!
But then I get to 308 Friendly Hall, and the guy in the Language Office tells me that because I'm a journalism major, I have to take the test scores to the journalism department. Okay. So I get my butt over to Allen Hall, where the j-school is located. There they tell me that I've gotta take the damn thing to the Registrar's Office at Oregon Hall... And that's like on the other side of campus!!!
Okay. I go to Oregon Hall, and into the Registrar's Office where I have to wait 15 minutes for someone to see me. Finally, I get to talk to someone. Brett looks at my test score and testimonial and says he has to ask his boss if this is where they enter records. He asks. Guess what? Boss-lady says I have to go see the person in charge of the College of Arts and Sciences. One Wendy Larson. By now I'm kinda annoyed. I mean these idiots send me all over campus and no one seems to know what they're talking about. I ask Brett where I can find Wendy Larson. He looks it up. 112 Friendly Hall. These morons send me right back to where I STARTED! How lame is that.
I didn't even manage to get over to Friendly today again because I had to go for practice. Stupid bureaucracy and red tape. Gimme a break! Everyone needs to take their heads OUT of their asses!
Comments:
Post a Comment