Monday, September 29, 2003
First Day of Classes
As of today, I was officially a college student. Wow. Climbing the last rung in the educational ladder. Its kinda hard to believe.
I'm taking five courses this term: Archaeology, Grammar for Journalists, Astronomy and History of Western Civ. My schedule's kinda weird since Mondays and Wednesdays are like packed with classes, and Tuesdays and Thursdays are virtually free.
So being Monday, today was crazy.
0800: I roll out of bed against my will. Since I only got to bed at 3am the nite before, I'm zombiefied beyond imagination.
0830: I get to Grammar for Journalists. By 9am I'm fighting to keep awake. Its a little hard since the bloody prof is going on and on about freaking verbs for twenty minutes, before he switches to the noun. God, which idiots schedule Grammar at 9-freaking-am!!!!!
0950: I stumble out of J101 and back to the dorm. Jackie's up now. She looks excited, and nowhere near as dead as I am, even though we BOTH slept at 3am! I take a shower. Doesnt help much.
1100: Get to History 101 with Katherine. This time, Prof Nicols is actually prety interesting. He holds my interest until the point where he dims the lights and turns on his powerpoint presentation. Then I slip into unconsciousness again.
1150: I force my eyes open and navigate to Fenton Hall. Supposed to meet Reese and Rach for our Arch class. Enter Prof Erlandson, who's blond, not so old, and looks like he just stepped off the cover of Archaeology Illustrated. He even tells us that he would prefer to be called Jon. Such colloquial relationships between teacher and students are freaking unheard of at home. I'm suitably impressed. The class is great. Lots of fun. And he even shows about 20minutes of an Indiana Jones film. Sadly, as soon as he dims the lights for the film, my eyes decide to disobey my brain and start closing.
1300: Rush to tennis class.
1500: Rush back for Astronomy. Prof Haydock is your quintessential geek. Bespectacled, somewhat portly and bald with a ring of white hair around his head, he wears his tie so high it looks as if its gonna choke him. Still, the subject matter is interesting, and everyone around is whispering that they've heard this will be an easy class to pass. Needless to say, I fall asleep around the time he starts gabbling about the course syllabi, and I only wake up towards the end in time to hear him mumble something about final exams.
1550: Class ends. Reese and Rach are going to Walmart, would I like to come? I beg off and cycle back to my room so haphazardly I nearly run over three different people. I haul ass upstairs and open the door. Jackie's almost unconscious, fully clothed in bed. Hah. So our 3am bedtime screwed with her too. I jump into bed.
1600: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
I'm taking five courses this term: Archaeology, Grammar for Journalists, Astronomy and History of Western Civ. My schedule's kinda weird since Mondays and Wednesdays are like packed with classes, and Tuesdays and Thursdays are virtually free.
So being Monday, today was crazy.
0800: I roll out of bed against my will. Since I only got to bed at 3am the nite before, I'm zombiefied beyond imagination.
0830: I get to Grammar for Journalists. By 9am I'm fighting to keep awake. Its a little hard since the bloody prof is going on and on about freaking verbs for twenty minutes, before he switches to the noun. God, which idiots schedule Grammar at 9-freaking-am!!!!!
0950: I stumble out of J101 and back to the dorm. Jackie's up now. She looks excited, and nowhere near as dead as I am, even though we BOTH slept at 3am! I take a shower. Doesnt help much.
1100: Get to History 101 with Katherine. This time, Prof Nicols is actually prety interesting. He holds my interest until the point where he dims the lights and turns on his powerpoint presentation. Then I slip into unconsciousness again.
1150: I force my eyes open and navigate to Fenton Hall. Supposed to meet Reese and Rach for our Arch class. Enter Prof Erlandson, who's blond, not so old, and looks like he just stepped off the cover of Archaeology Illustrated. He even tells us that he would prefer to be called Jon. Such colloquial relationships between teacher and students are freaking unheard of at home. I'm suitably impressed. The class is great. Lots of fun. And he even shows about 20minutes of an Indiana Jones film. Sadly, as soon as he dims the lights for the film, my eyes decide to disobey my brain and start closing.
1300: Rush to tennis class.
1500: Rush back for Astronomy. Prof Haydock is your quintessential geek. Bespectacled, somewhat portly and bald with a ring of white hair around his head, he wears his tie so high it looks as if its gonna choke him. Still, the subject matter is interesting, and everyone around is whispering that they've heard this will be an easy class to pass. Needless to say, I fall asleep around the time he starts gabbling about the course syllabi, and I only wake up towards the end in time to hear him mumble something about final exams.
1550: Class ends. Reese and Rach are going to Walmart, would I like to come? I beg off and cycle back to my room so haphazardly I nearly run over three different people. I haul ass upstairs and open the door. Jackie's almost unconscious, fully clothed in bed. Hah. So our 3am bedtime screwed with her too. I jump into bed.
1600: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Comments:
Post a Comment