<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 20, 2003

At the U of O 

Well I'm back online.

Moved into my dorm room this week. Its not as small as I expected. Seems liveable so far, but I guess only time will tell...

A few more things that I've found out in my short time here:
1) Eugene OR, supposedly the second largest city in the state of Oregon is NOT a city. Its, to put it mildly, smaller than expected. Geez. Its like a town dammit! But all that aside, now that I've been around, it really isnt all that bad, all things considered. Gonna see if I can get used to it here. If not, well there's always the option of transferring...

2) The U of O really does look as nice in the flesh as it did online. The campus is this amazingly beautiful tree lined red-bricked place that makes you feel as if you've stepped into Main Street in Disneyland. Either that or the Universal Studios backlot. But it sort of makes up for the disappointment the town was.

3) There are SO many Japanese international students, it truly is mind boggling!

4) There are all of 6 Singaporeans here. Sheesh. Partly good and partly bad I guess. There are a few more Malaysians though.

5) There are TWO movie theatres in the entire place.

6) There are four malls. Two main ones, one of which is NOT a mall. Its like Thomson Plaza dammit!

But all in all, I'm pretty okay with this place. Its just the lack of activity on Sundays that kinda gets to you eventually you know? Other than that, things are good, the school's nice and I'm getting to know some people. All good.

And I'm missing lots of people. You should know who you are. If you don't, then you don't deserve to be missed! :P Well then, I love you all, missing everyone like crazy. Keep the mail coming kay guys? *MUAKS* xoxoxoxo

And btw, if anyone feels like splurging on long distance charges, my phone number's (541)346-9897 Take care people. Stef out.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com